Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 13:15:47 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
To:        He Jiaren <hejiaren@trewde.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, He Jiaren wrote:

> 		Can help me with my freebsd?
> 	     After I get those stuffs into C:\freebsd , what do I do next?
>             How did you partition the space for FreeBSD? I've managed to
> put all the files (i think so)
> 	     to C:\freebsd then, when I want to start freebsd, it says no
> partition. What am I going to
> 	     do? And I remember when I was setting up that time, it says setup
> complete with some
> 	     errors. Where did I went wrong?

Sorry, in the moment I'm not sure what you really mean.

Please verify that you did it in the right way:

1. Copy the dist files into c:\freebsd
2. Defragment your DOS partition with defrag and and shrink it with fips
   (You need minimal 100 MB, better 500 MB of free disk space)
3. Write the boot image to floppy with fdimage
4. Boot the boot floppy
5. Allocate the new unused partition for FreeBSD
6. Write the disk label
7. Install from the DOS partiton

The installation program helps to do the steps 5-7.

Konrad Heuer

// Gesellschaft fuer wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH
// Goettingen (GWDG), Am Fassberg, D-37077 Goettingen, Germany
//
// kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de