Date:      Thu, 4 Dec 1997 12:25:28 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Brian Behlendorf <brian@hyperreal.org>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What can we do about Java?

[ Sun's 'educational' license for Java downloaders ]

> >It's not an obnoxious license, really.
>
> Keep in mind once you've downloaded it and perused it, your ability to help
> with the Kaffe project is potentially hindered.

No kidding.  But, that's not as important for me, since I really needed
to look at the Sun sources for doing paid work doing Java development,
since sometimes the best documentation is the sources for understanding
how things work.  For paid work, I'm less worried about how it affects
doing free work than I would be normally, since paid work puts food on
the table which is more important than how free my code is.  (But, when
I can have both all the better!).

Nate