Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 1997 12:33:16 -0700 (MST)
From:      Charles Mott <cmott@srv.net>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@dimaga.com>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.demon.co.uk>, Ari Suutari <ari.suutari@ps.carel.fi>, hackers@freebsd.org, brian@utell.co.uk
Subject:   Re: Single socket version of natd

> My concern is that I should be able to make all users on the LAN (all of
> them have access to setting up a PPP connection) remember to enable
> aliasing.  If I had not wanted it in all cases, I'd just drop putting the
> command in the config file.  Nothing lost in my case, at least.
>
> However, a way of giving the user 100% control again might be to add a
> -noalias keyword to completely block packet aliasing.  This would take one
> more bit from mode in IIJ-PPP, though.  Besides, as an admin I'm not
> certain I would want the users to have that control.

I agree that a -noalias keyword is a not a good idea.

The way Eivind is doing things sounds good to me.  The "out-of-the-box"
software for home users will be simple to set up and have standard
defaults that do not typically have to be changed, but there will also be
a level of control that an admin wants.

Charles Mott