Date:      Wed, 14 May 1997 13:46:58 +0700 (JVT)
From:      Hendra Sentono <hendra@unix.ukdw.ac.id>
To:        Juyoung Park <jypark@comsun.chungnam.ac.kr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Make FreeBSD 2.2.1 into gateway

On Wed, 14 May 1997, Juyoung Park wrote:

> Hello Folks..
>
> I'm very curious about whether FreeBSD 2.2.1 can do with 2 or above LAN
> network cards..
> I try to make FreeBSD gateway like this.
>

>                    168.188.48.0                         168.188.51.0
>               ---+---+---+---+--                ---+---+---+---+--
>                                      |                       |
>                                      |                       |
>                                 +----------------------+
>                                 | 3Com             3Com  |
>                                 |                                 |
>                                 |                                 |
>                                 |FreeBSD 2.2.1 machine|
>                                 +----------------------+
>

> To summarize my questions:
>
> 1) Can FreeBSD machine (installed Pentium PC) hold 2 or above Ethernet card?

Sure, if your PC can hold those cards. You can configure it on your
kernel. (knowledge of the type of your 3Com cards would be helpful)

> 2) If does, then can I make gateway by just setting gateway daemon or
> router daemon?
Yes. Our machine configured as gateway (also in the kernel) and we run
routed.

Hope this helps.

> I'll summarize..
>
> Thanks in advance

> computer communications lab, Chungnam Nat. Univ.
> South KOREA
> +82-42-822-2577

Hendra Sentono				| hendra@students.ukdw.ac.id
Duta Wacana Christian University	| http://www.ukdw.ac.id/