Date:      Mon, 4 Aug 1997 23:21:47 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Justin Ashworth <ashworth@esus.cs.montana.edu>
To:        Online Impressions <oli@olim.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: setting my host name..

On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, Online Impressions wrote:

> How do I set my host name? Apache's httpd fails to load because I have not
> set the host name. It mentions to use ServerName but have not been able to
> find a servername script or executable.

  In your httpd.conf file you should have a line that says

Servername www.yourdomain.com

  As far as I know, it doesn't matter where in the file you place this
line, but mine is at the bottom and it seems to work fine. May be
different if you have virtual hosts configured.

- Justin Ashworth
-- ashworth@cs.montana.edu
- http://www.cs.montana.edu/~ashworth