Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 1997 17:01:34 +0200 (IST)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Patrick Troy <ptroy@mail.hq.nasa.gov>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mouse errror

On Fri, 28 Nov 1997, Patrick Troy wrote:

> 	I keep getting "Cannot open mouse (Device not configured)' error whe I try
> to startX after I install it'

What type of mouse do you have?? How did you configure X? Did you build
your own kernel?

If your mouse is a PS/2 mouse, and you told XFree86 to use it as
/dev/psm0, you have to enable it in the kernel (it is disabled by
default). Either remove the word "disable" from the psm0 line in the
kernel config file and rebuild the kernel, or boot with -c at the Boot:
prompt and enable the device.

Nadav