Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 1999 09:56:28 -0800
From:      R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@nwlink.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: StarOffice 5.1 Problem.

Danny wrote:

> Refering to the 2nd last stage of the process
>
> Question
>
> 1)Do I have to remove all the code in setup and soffice and replace it with
> the code in the documentation?

Now it's all coming back to me.  First, all my information I got from
archives of FreeBSD mailing lists at lists.openresources.com/FreeBSD.
I didn't have to replace the setup and soffice scripts, although there
is a modification to the soffice script that needs to be done after the
setup program has been run:

replace the line
	*)	test=/usr/bin/test ;;
with
	*)	test=bin/test ;;

replace the line
	if $test -L "$0" ; then
with
	if $test -f "$0" ; then

and replace the line
	sd_script='ls -l $0 | sed "s/.*${sd_basename} -> //g"`
with
	sd_script='ls $0 | sed "s/.*${sd_basename} -> //g"`

And of course there is the need to recompile your kernel to include
these options:

options			"P1003_1B"
options			"_KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING"
options			"_KPOSIX_VERSION=199309L"

(You should probably do the recompile before anything else)
After that, it ought to run properly.  That's how I did it.
Best regards, Joseph
--
	You will do foolish things,
     but do them with enthusiasm.  Colette.