Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 1995 09:08:56 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        Lutz.Diettrich@unnet.wupper.DE
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: printcap laserwiter360

> hallo,
> i am desparately trying to set up my printer, which i got to use under
> windows for FreeBSD R 2.0.5 for printing PS-Files and the normal printing.
> For my business software the printer runs under a PCL5 emulation for the
> HP Laserjet iii. would you please tell how change the printcap entry?
> how do i chown a directory to the printer demon?
> thanks in advance, please email to:
> Lutz.Diettrich@unnet.wupper.de

This is my printcap entry for a HP ljet III:

lps|lp-postscript|hp ljet III mit filter fuer PostScript:\
	:lp=/dev/lpt0:\
	:sd=/var/spool/lps:\
	:sh:\
	:of=/usr/local/bin/gsljps:\
	:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
	:mx#0:

And this is /usr/local/bin/gsljps:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/local/bin/gs -q -dSAFER -sDEVICE=laserjet -r300 -dNOPAUSE -sOutputFile=- -

needs to be executable, of course.