Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 1996 08:41:48 -0600
From:      Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
To:        bultman@dgw.rws.nl
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do I mount an MSDOS hard disk partition?

    Gert> Presumably a FAQ, but I cannot find the answer: How do I
    Gert> mount an MSDOS hard disk partition?

You can mount primary MS-DOS slices only.  If your MS-DOS C: drive is
in the first slice, type this:

        mkdir /ms-dos
        mount -r -t msdos /dev/wd0s0 /ms-dos

Replace the wd0 with wd1 if it's on the second disk, etc.
Replace the wd0 with sd0 if it's a SCSI disk, etc.
Replace the s0 with a s1 if it's the second slice, etc.

In general

   Controller,
   w = IDE,
   s = SCSI
   /dev/XdYsZ  <- Slice on disk, numbered 0 to 3.
          ^
    Disk number,
    starting from 0

--