Date:      Thu, 23 May 1996 07:46:55 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        "J. Goldstein" <blue@injersey.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on my notebook

> Hi, I'd like to install FreeBSD on my notebook (Micron MIllennia
> Transport p133), but I tried using the boot disk and a) I don't think
> any pcmcia driver/program is loading

- No 'official' versions of FreeBSD support PCMCIA at all.
- No 'unofficial' versions of FeeBSD support PCMCIA in the boot disk.
- PCMCIA support is *mostly* complete (ie; incomplete) in the most
  recent releases, but it is poorly undocumented.

The 0501-SNAP has working PCMCIA code, and it *should* work with your
modem, but I don't make any guarantees.

Nate