Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 1996 08:35:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      rhh@ct.picker.com (Randall Hopper)
To:        marcusg@elec.uq.edu.au (Marcus Gallagher)
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: My sound problems (again)

Marcus Gallagher:
 |Yes, these messages all come up on bootup.  Dosen't seem to be any
 |conflicts with other cards.
 |
 |> 3) if you're running a PCI motherboard, do you have IRQ5, DMA 1, and DMA 5
 |> reserved for ISA in your BIOS?  And 4) Is your AWE PNP?
 |
 |Yes, irq5, dma1 and dma5 are reserved for isa in the bios.
 |Yes, its PNP
 |But, it still dosen't work.  I have Win95 installed as well, and it
 |seems to work just fine under it.
 |
 |Oh, and all the right devices seem to be in /dev - e.g, audio, snd0,
 |etc.....
 |
 |*sigh*

    Well, everything sounds good except for the PNP.  Lots of messages fly
across the lists about folks having trouble with PNP cards in FreeBSD.  If
there's some way with your card to disable this and wire it down to the
IRQs/DMAs you listed, that'd be the only I can think to suggest right off
hand.  Other folks on this list can probably offer more tips in the way of
configuring PNP sound cards.

Randall
rhh@ct.picker.com