Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 1997 12:25:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Gabor Kincses <gabor@acm.org>
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Logitech Soundman Wave

On Wed, 22 Jan 1997, Gabor Kincses wrote:

> Gabor Kincses wrote:
> >
> > Anyone knows of support for this sound card
> > under FreeBSD?  Is it hard to port a Linux
> > driver (if one exists) over to FreeBSD?
> >

> Nobody answered.  I guess not.  The box of
> this card sez Soundblaster 16 compatible.
> Does that mean an API or driver level
> compatibility?  I have also read about it
> being a Mediavision (clone?) card...
>
> Is there anybody out there?

We're out there, but we don't have your card, so no one answered.  Some
clone cards achieve SB compatibility by interaction with a dos device
driver.  Sometimes you can boot into do, get the card into SB
compatibility mode (often done for you in config.sys), then reboot
(without powering down!) into FreeBSD, and the card will work then as a SB
clone.

No guarantees, but it's worked for some others.

> --
> Gabor Kincses
> (gabor@acm.org)

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |