Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 1997 22:31:49 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        Jason Wells <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NEWBIE:X is running, where is the popup menu?

Start X by using the startx command. When X comes up, you'll have
xterm(s) available to enter whatever command you want. There are popup
menus (right button). If you don't see what you want -- you can modify
the menus to suit yourself.

Be sure that /usr/X11R6/bin is in your path.

-- Jay

On Thu, 23 Jan 1997, Jason Wells wrote:

->Now that I have XFree86 running (or so I think) how do I run programs? I
->am used to being able to right click on the mouse and select options
->from a popup menu. I am unfamiliar with X. I used it twice at school.
->Then I got on the U network. I haven't touched X in a year.
->
->All that I have now is a nice gray pattern and an X. I have been playing
->speed racer with the little X. I got tired of driving my RacerX around
->the screen trying to catch an imaginary "speed". :)
->
->Upon exiting X I noticed two messages. One stated that "PIE extensions
->not loaded." The other said something like "XIE extensions not loaded."
->All three buttons on the mouse seemed to be working fine during the
->X86Setup routine. So I discard the possiblity of a mouse problem. I
->perused the content of X86Config and was unable to tinker my way to
->success.
->--
->Thank you in advance,
->Wannabe Sysadmin
->Jason Wells
->   /        Highperformance.net              /
->  /         The homeless domain             /
-> /  "Pardon me sir, spare some bandwidth?" /
->