Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 1997 20:08:07 +0200
From:      Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org>
To:        Wilson MacGyver <macgyver@db-net.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Video Card Q

On Apr 18, Wilson MacGyver <macgyver@db-net.com> wrote:
> I too highly recommand the Matrox Millenium. I've seen the 4MB
> version for $250. It's upgradable to 8MB. Blazing fast...
> Xfree86 has driver for it as of 3.1.2, but Xi's driver for it
> is great!

I know about Xi's drivers, but prefer to have the option
of building drivers from source. (For example, because I
use -current, and it is possible that interfaces change
(e.g. the wtmp extension) which will be reflected in a
commercial product only a lot later ...

Is XFree really an option for the Millenium, or is a S3
or Mach64 based card a better choice for my new system ?

Regards, STefan