Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 1997 14:47:52 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        guelph@tpts5.seed.net.tw
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help

On Sun, Aug 17, 1997 at 12:16:49AM +0800, Gordon Wang wrote:
> Gordon Wang wrote:
>>
>> Dear Sir
>> I am a FreeBSD 2.2.1 user.
>> What should I do to change my windows manager to fvwm?
>> I have tried to change "twm &"  to "fvwm &" in the file .xinitrc,
>> but this made my X-windows crashed.

You also need a file called .fvwmrc.  There should be a sample file
somewhere.  I've found, however, that the old version of fvwm is
rather sensitive to the contents, and it may dump core if you put
things in it doesn't like.  You might prefer to use fvwm2 instead.
Note that this version's config file is .fvwm2rc.

Greg