Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 1997 20:06:56 +0100
From:      Jim Marker <jemstone@ifx.net>
To:        Marco Masotti <mc7953@mclink.it>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI NE2000 card not probed correctly - no driver assigned

I had the same problem.  In the kernel I had to specifically tell
FreeBSD that I wanted to set up an ethernet device.  My ether card is a
lynx pci.  My pci section looks like the following:

controller    pci0
device        ed?    at pci0

I finds all my other pci stuff just fine.  Strange thing about this is I
had it working just fine with the generic kernel then erased everything
and reloaded, and it wouldn't work anymore.

Jim...