Date:      Fri, 8 May 1998 14:26:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Schwenk <schwenk@voicenet.com>
To:        "Stephen A. Derdau" <sderdau@bit-net.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Printing with Netscape

Netscape produces PostScript output, so you need a PostScript printer
(which you probably don't have because it printed as gibberish) or
PostScript-interpreting software like Ghostscript.  Ghostscript is free,
and you may have it installed already with your FreeBSD.

I read the Handbook section on printing in order to get my printing
working, and it helped a lot.  Check it out:

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook79.html#87

On Fri, 8 May 1998, Stephen A. Derdau wrote:

> "FreeBSD It's That and Much Much More"
>                    Find out Why @ http://www.freebsd.org
>
> Sorry to ask this question again.
> Running Netscape Gold 3.04
> FreeBSD 2.2.6.
> I would like to be able to print from netscape However, when I do
> I get a bunch of jibberish characters.  I can print lpr -p filename
> from the command line.
>
> I figure there is a filter or something with I need to print these html
> files.
>
> If someone has the answer that may of been posted earlier this month
> please could
> you send that do me.
>
> Thanks for  a Great OS.  I just downloaded starOffice 4.0 and need to
> learn how
> to get my printer to print more than just non special character files.
>
> Pointers will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank You !!!
>
> Stephen A. Derdau

- Peter Schwenk - schwenk@voicenet.com