Date:      Mon, 25 May 1998 00:48:53 +0100
From:      Paul Civati <paul@xciv.org>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quickcam-VC

Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk> wrote:

> > Has anyone been able to get Quickcam-VC to work?  It doesn't seem
> > to be compatible with color quickcam.

The Quickcam-VC is quite a different beast to the parallel version AIUI.

> Hi I remember seeing someone comment a while ago - that the quickcam driver
> for FreeBSD only works with mono - I seem to remember if you try to use a
> color cam with it, it crashes :-(

For the Quickcam colour parallel model, cqcam works quite well:

  <URL:http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~patrick/cqcam/>;

(I had to patch a system header! to make it build under 2.1.0-RELEASE,
but should compile without hacking for later releases I think).

-Paul-