Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 1998 20:30:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: copyright

[cc's trimmed]

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Wes Peters wrote:

> You're exactly right, the charter of this mailing lists is more in
> line with the "technical evangelists" at Apple in the past.  I
> hope we're somewhat less rabid (and more reasoned) than the Kawasaki
> Corps, though.

I concur.

> A quick trip through an on-line thesarus turned up nothing of real help.
> "FreeBSD Missionaries" conjures up visions of a large stew pot with Jack
> Velte hot-tubbing his way to millions; not exactly the light *I* want
> to protray us in.  ;^)  "FreeBSD Advocates" sounds a little too much
> like a software licensing law firm.  Sigh.  Perhaps we should adopt
> a Klingon word or something?  An obscure latin phrase?

Hmm... 1/2 kidding on all of these, but advocacy has rather wrong
connotations:

1.  FreeBSD Publicity
2.  FreeBSD Marketing
3.  FreeBSD Promotion
4.  FreeBSD Strategic Market Initiatives

For those of you not subscribed to -newbies, someone just asked "what do
you guys do with FreeBSD?" and it's generated some very nice testimonials.
If we were to post those on a web page...

Another very positive mention of FreeBSD on InfoWorld Electric.  Nicholas
Petreley says nice things about FreeBSD, particularly WC's documentation
for the set:

	http://forums.infoworld.com/threads/get.cgi?59820

bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/