Date:      Sat, 5 Sep 1998 09:56:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
To:        kwanalex <kwanalex@hkstar.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to Kill "Add route failed"

	You can't. This basically tells you that default route alreday
exists and ppp can't add another default route (well, you can have more
then one default route but this is not what is going on here). If you want
ppp to add route for you when it connects, before you fire up ppp do

# route delete default

	this will delete default route which in turn will allow ppp to add
it's own default route upon connect. One can "man route" for more info
also. Hope this helps,

-- Yan

I don't have the password    + Jan Koum
But the path is chainlinked  | Spelled Jan, pronounced Yan. There.
So if you've got the time    | Web: http://www.best.com/~jkb
Set the tone to sync         + OS: http://www.FreeBSD.org