Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 11:05:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bryce Newall <data@dreamhaven.net>
To:        Bill Hamilton <billh@finsco.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: install eats 95

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, Bill Hamilton wrote:

> The problem is that it never lets me set up the device with /usr, /var,
> etc. on the scsi. It seems to want me to do it on wd0 (the ide drive).
> I've been through it 3 times. I hit A to give the whole drive, put when
> the label stuff comes up, it is on the ide.

Are you using the disk partitioner first?  It's kinda backwards in the
setup menu, but I believe you have to partition first, *then* use the
label editor to set up the mount points, etc.

> Is it possible that the boot.flp on FreeBSD website an old, buggy one?
> Maybe I need to pop for the cd?

I doubt it... when I just downloaded it to try it (so I could respond to
your last mail), it was the 2.2.7-RELEASE floppy.  Even 2.2.1 and earlier
versions, I'm sure, support SCSI.