Date:      Sun, 1 Nov 1998 09:51:25 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Honorable Jerry Sloan <freebird@on-net.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: errors while connecting to ftp site while in /stand/sysinstall

On Saturday, 31 October 1998 at  3:26:38 -0500, Honorable Jerry Sloan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I get this error while trying to connect to the ftp site while running
> /stand/sysinstall:
>
> /kernel: pid 217 (sysinstall), uido:exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>

> What is causing this error?

Well, it would help to have more details, like "which ftp site".  It
looks, though, as if you chose ftp.FreeBSD.org, which is currently
going through the heaviest load it has ever seen.  The machine's doing
fine (it runs FreeBSD :-), but the Internet links (100 Mb/s) are maxed
out.  If this is the case, try another ftp site.

Of course, this doesn't explain why sysinstall segfaulted.  You should
submit a bug report for that one.

Greg