Date:      Thu, 31 Dec 1998 14:58:03 +0100
From:      Stefano Riva <sriva@alice.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Epson Stylus COLOR 600 on Samba

At 22.22 30/12/98 -1000, you wrote:
>big cross (I think it means not ready, or no such printer) on its GUI.  I
>also tried installing HP postscript drivers, but it prompts for password
>(what password?  it is a share; file sharing doesn't ask for password, so
(...)
>       guest ok = no

  Try to set this to yes. If it works, then your problem is an auth
problem. You may check the auth settings or leave guest access enabled
(allow printers access to everybody).

>Anything worong with it?  It is from sam.conf.default, I did't make any
>change for pritner.

  I'd suggest you also to check the following settings:

  load printers = yes
  printing = bsd

  ...and, of course, you're sure that the /etc/printcap file is OK, aren't
you?

>Happy New Year!

  To you too!

---

  Stefano Riva
  Software Engineer - Systems Administrator
  Informazioni Editoriali I.E. Srl
  Phone +39-027528400, Fax +39-027528451
  Email sriva@alice.it