Date:      Wed, 03 Feb 1999 19:37:53 -0800
From:      ONE-MO <onemo@jps.net>
To:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dchapman@houabg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel

"David W. Chapman Jr." wrote:

> I notice that when I run my kernel -C to configure it, the next time I
> boot it doesn't remember my settings.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Very easy. Create or edit a /kernel.config file with all of your -c
settings, mine, for example is as follows:

pnp 1 0 enable os irq0 10 port0 0x3e8
pnp 2 0 enable os irq0 5 drq0 1 drq1 5 port0 0x220 port1 0x330 port2 0x388

Then for your /boot/boot.conf file, something like this:

load kernel
load -t userconfig_script /kernel.config
load -t splash_image_data /boot/FreeBSD.bmp
load splash_bmp
boot

This will take away your ability to do a boot -c easily since once the
kernel loads these settings, it starts up without the normal timeout.

MO!