Date:      Sat, 20 Feb 1999 17:20:14 -0800
From:      charon@freethought.org
To:        Jerry LeBaron <ki5hh@hit.net>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question regarding FreeBSD boot floppies

At 06:07 PM 2/20/99 -0600, Jerry LeBaron wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm new to FreeBSD and would like to install it on my P6 system.  The
>directions all seem very straight forward and I'd love to follow them,
>but for the life of me I can't find the kern.flp and mfsroot.flp files.
>...>
>Please tell me the full directory path to the *.flp files.

ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/3.1-RELEASE/floppies/

Questions like this should generally be sent to
freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, but in this case you have a good point.
None of the docs I can find tell where the .flp files reside, and there
_used_ to be a direct link to the floppy image (up until 3.1-RELEASE).  The
only reason I found them is because I've been messing with FreeBSD since
2.2.2-RELEASE - how are new users supposed to find the floppies?

        Charon@freethought.org
 http://members.home.net/tuathadedanann/

   "I'm not suffering from insanity.
      In fact, I quite enjoy it."