Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 18:55:05 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The FreeBSD Diary - how to guides

On 18 Apr 99, at 17:56, Pete Vanderburgh wrote:

> "Brett G. Castleberry" wrote:
>
> > How much is too much?  Most of what I'm seeing on FreeBSD/ Questions is
> > over my head and almost discouraging.
>
> Agreed!

Does it help if I say I'm a newbie?  Sure, I've used computer for 20+
years, but I've only used FreeBSD for less then 12 months.

> I am curious about what you mean exactly by 'on top of UNIX'.  I too, am
> *quite* the newbie in regard to UNIX and FreeBSD.

I'm certainly not on top of it.  In some areas, I'm quite confident of my
abilities.  For example, installation and configuration.  But when it
comes to file/directory permissions, finding out who's done what, etc, I'm
lost.

--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.FreeBSDDiary.org/freebsd