Date:      Fri, 7 May 1999 08:20:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      James Snow <sno@teardrop.org>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        sthaug@nethelp.no, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Forward: KKIS.05051999.003b

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Wes Peters wrote:

> Right now it's report "too many open files in system" when I try to
> do much of anything.

Seems that I spoke too soon with my previous post. My machine never
recoverd from having 'too many open files in system.'

I had thought that it would because just the other day I had another 3.1-R
box recover from this without trouble. But, 12 hours later, this one still
hasn't. (The first box did not have this program run on it.)

I don't know enough about the kernel to have a clue here. <shrug>

-sno
          | We live in the short term | sno at teardrop dot org |
          |   and hope for the best.  |  I am Geek. Hear me ^G  |