Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 1999 18:34:38 -0500 (CDT)
From:      <mestery@visi.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>, jabley@patho.gen.nz, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 32-bit sparc port

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Wes Peters wrote:

> mestery@visi.com wrote:
>
> The Digitial Network Appliance, the "reference design" for the StrongArm,
> ran a BSD variant that was reported at different times as being either
> NetBSD or FreeBSD.  The truth seems to be a NetBSD-ARM kernel with some
> FreeBSD utilities.  You can probably still find it floating around
> somewhere.
>
> I'd buy a NetWinder if I could get either NetBSD or FreeBSD on it.  ;^)

The Netwinder is a nice machine.  I am more interested (truthfully) in
using FreeBSD on some embedded control processors we have that happen to
be based on the Digitial EBAS-285 design.  Linux runs nicely on these,
but it would be fun to get FreeBSD running on them also.  I think the
two OSs can leverage stuff from each other quite nicely.

--
Kyle Mestery			| StorageTek's Storage Networking Group
mestery@visi.com		| http://www.freebsd.org/