Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 1999 12:25:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        tj <aggravator@aggravator.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ethernet supported cards

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, tj wrote:

> Hi, I have a NE2000 compatible, at least winblows95 says its a
> ne2k clone at add 220 irq 15(and it works in winblows95), but,
> freeBSD wont see the card. The chipset is a RTL 8019AS, and it
> is distributed by NDC mdl ND5320(as far as I can tell).
>  Why won't freeBSD see the card or rather, what settings should
> I use to make freeBSD see it and make it work?

You really should have mentioned if it's ISA or PCI but oh well..

try turning off "PnP OS" in your Bios, FreeBSD has trouble detecting
some devices otherwise.

good luck,
-Alfred Perlstein - [bright@rush.net|alfred@freebsd.org]
Wintelcom systems administrator and programmer
   - http://www.wintelcom.net/ [bright@wintelcom.net]