Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 09:31:28 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Markus Minihold <Markus.Minihold@telecom.at>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: socks5-1.0.10

In message <38396DBA.B37A2572@telecom.at> Markus Minihold writes:
: I've tried to download the mentioned file, but it isn't existing on the
: ftp server. Instead I've found socks.tar.gz. Is that the file I'm
: looking for???
:
: ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/socks5-v1.0r10.tar.gz

NEC specifically prohibits redistribution of this file, so you'll need
to go to the NEC web site to get it.  I thought that the makefile for
the socks5 port tells you this...

do-fetch:
	@if [ ! -f ${DISTDIR}/${DISTNAME}${EXTRACT_SUFX} ]; then \
	  ${ECHO} ""; \
	  ${ECHO} "NEC requires that you grab the dist files from their"; \
	  ${ECHO} "web site at http://www.socks.nec.com.  Please make sure"; \
	  ${ECHO} "you have ${DISTNAME}${EXTRACT_SUFX} in ${DISTDIR}"; \
	  ${ECHO} "and run make again."; \
	  ${ECHO} ""; \
	  exit 1;\
	fi