Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 01:04:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@kot.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        "Jeffrey M. Metcalf" <metcalf@snet.net>
Cc:        jobs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: All About People

Jeffrey M. Metcalf once stated:

=I agree with your comments about the  pay scale. What a whopper. But as
=to the request for a Microsoft  Word formatted resume, many if not most
=IT professionals in  the corporate world today work in  a mixed Windows
=and UNIX environment.

This does  not mean, they _must_  keep their resumes in  MSWord or other
cryptic proprietory formats for the lazy headhunters.

=I am  an Application developer  working mostly  on SUN Solaris,  but my
=corporate e-mail and document infratructure is required to be MS Office
=based.

This is something  to be ashamed of. Your employer  does not respect you
enough, if  MS is pushed down  your throat. And  if it is not,  then you
should be ashamed of using it.

=> Again, my sincere apologies for flaming you, but your job posting was
=> beyond just ridiculous  - it was irresponsible,  demonstrated a clear
=> lack of understanding of the position you're trying to hire into, and
=> just plain arrogant.

=The tone of the post showed ignorance about the level of the position, but
=not
=arrogance.  While I am not a great lover of Microsoft products in general,
=the
=obvious MS digs you UNIX weenies always make show far more arrogance
=than this poster.

Look  how quickly  you lost  your temper,  misformatted your  e-mail and
descended into name-calling...

	-mi

with "unsubscribe freebsd-jobs" in the body of the message