Date:      Sun, 06 Jan 2013 22:19:35 +0900 (JST)
From:      moto kawasaki <moto@kawasaki3.org>
To:        freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XENHVM hang-up w/ "network_alloc_rx_buffers: m_cljget failed"

Hi Louis,

Thank you very much for your response.

kalessin> On Jan 6, 2013, at 1:39 AM, moto kawasaki <moto@kawasaki3.org> wrote:
kalessin> >
kalessin> >  - Those VMs hang up with the following messages on console:
kalessin> >
kalessin> >      network_alloc_rx_buffers: m_cjlget failed
kalessin> >
kalessin> >    This message is repeatedly shown so quickly, and I cannot get
kalessin> >    login prompt.
kalessin>
kalessin> I got this too (by starting too much torrents at once…)
kalessin>
kalessin> My understanding is that FreeBSD is not really dynamic concerning
kalessin> memory allocations for the network, so I bumped up the limits in
kalessin> /boot/loader.conf:
kalessin>
kalessin> kern.ipc.nmbclusters="51200"
kalessin> kern.ipc.nmbjumbop="51200"

In my case,

kern.ipc.nmbclusters: 262144      <-- set in /etc/sysctl.conf
kern.ipc.nmbjumbop: 12800         <-- OS default

so, 'nmbjumbop' seems the key point.

I will try to increase it.

kalessin> netstat -m is really useful to see what's going on.

Yes it really is.
But it is not so well-documented, isn't it ?
I'd really appreciate some documents/pointers describing it :-)

kalessin> My dom0 is Linux 3.2, but I don't think that this problem is specific to
kalessin> Xen in any way.

I agree.

Thank you very much

--