Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:25:39 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        OtO <mr.moto@usa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: newbie firewall

OtO wrote:

>To whom it may concern,
>
>freebsd 4.8 on dialup connection
>
>after I activated the firewall in I think etc/rc.conf
>
>I cannot dial out . worked fine before the firewall was turned on.
>
>What is the most likely solution?  thank you for any help

Turn it off?  ;-)  Hard to tell from what you've
given us ... is it not dialing, or just not doing
anything once it's dialed?

[ Really, you oughtta ask questions on the
questions-list.  Here's hoping we don't get
flamed<??!!> ]

And, to help, we'd probably need more info,
like a copy of your FW rules?

$ipfw show
<snip>

Kevin Kinsey