Date:      Mon, 04 Dec 2000 04:28:25 +0100
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: where to put Makefile.inc genererated from scripts/configure?

Hmm... I realize that it will *not* break building from CDROM,
since tou have to set WRKDIRPREFIX to somewhere writeable...
Rather, the question should probably be: "Why can't I write
outside WRKDIR?" ${WRKDIRPREFIX}${.CURDIR} seems like the right
place for stuff like Makefile.inc (esp. when you set
WRKDIRPREFIX, I guess)? Is the handbook wrong?

/Palle