Date:      Mon, 1 Jan 2001 11:20:15 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        kkonstan@duth.gr
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bundling with i4b

From the keyboard of Konstantinos Konstantinidis:

> I'm using isp0 to connect with a cisco (which *has* to initiate the call,
> since it cannot receive calls due to the configuration of the PBX). I do
> not have the option to use PPP encapsulation, and the damn thing keeps
> trying to establish a 2nd B after about 10 minutes of >60kbps! If the 2nd
> B is busy, it fails and tries again every 5 minutes, but if it's not, i4b
> answers a 2nd call for isp0 while the 1st is allready taking place, thus
> screwing things up pretty badly - I have to put the interface down and up
> again for packets to flow again :(

> It shouldn't be hard to add this functionality, but I tried to do it and
> failed miserably since I don't know my way around the i4b source tree.
> Perhaps someone could consider making this minor change or point out to
> me a good place to start in the source tree.

This seems to be a bug in isdnd. Incoming calls are handled in the file
msghdl.c, function msg_connect_ind(). This is the place where incoming
calls are checked whether to answer them or to ignore them. All the
checking of the little pieces is done in file support.c function
find_matching_entry_incoming() which is called from msg_connect_ind().

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47-77