Date:      Tue, 1 Oct 2019 19:03:28 -0500
From:      Eric Borisch <eborisch@gmail.com>
To:        Shiva Bhanujan <Shiva.Bhanujan@quorum.com>
Cc:        Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen@fabiankeil.de>,  "freebsd-fs@freebsd.org" <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [ZFS] Potential silent data corruption when receiving incremental stream with block size change on receiving side

That sounds like a potential hole birth issue.

You might consider upgrading to at least 10.4 or 11.1 and re-trying the
send; these added the vfs.zfs.send_holes_without_birth_time (default
true/1) tunable to avoid "numerous hole_birth bugs". See this [1] commit.

  - Eric

[1]
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/releng/10.4/sys/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/dmu_traverse.c?revision=308086&view=markup