Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2001 11:08:28 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
To:        Tom Wirschell <T.Wirschell@RoccadeFinance.nl>
Cc:        AIC7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Scanning problems persist, even with Justin's SCSI driver.

>I was working on roughly my 65th scan when the scanner stopped. I
>brought up the xconsole window which read:
>
>kernel: (scsi0:A:0:0): parity error detected in Message-in

I'd have to have more complete logs to know why we didn't
recover, but the moral of the story is that your bus is not
up to snuff.  Perhaps your scanner has a sub-par terminator.
Perhaps your cable going to your scanner is too long or just
not of high quality.  Perhaps the combined length of your
internal and external cables is too long.  Whatever the
reason, you won't have a reliable bus until this problem is
fixed.

--
Justin