Date:      Sun, 20 May 2001 18:46:21 -0700
From:      Chip Wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: copy & paste behavior - this really bugs me

I restarted X and now it's working, copy from sylpheed and paste into
netscape.
I don't know what's up with the need to restart X, but guess that's the thing
to once in a while, at least when copy/paste quit working? I tried the
suggestions that came in, but none of them worked.

--
Chip

It appears Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>, on Sun, 20 May 2001 18:20:18 -0400
wrote something like:

> Chip Wiegand wrote:
> >
> > I use fbsd for my typical home use, on 3 machines, and if there is one
> item
> > that I find difficult it is in copy & paste behavior. I use a mail client
> > called sylpheed (based on gtk+), and netscape 4.76 (most of the time).
> Why
> > can't I copy a url link from an email message and paste it into the
> location
> > bar of netscape? This is such a pain to have to type in those often very
> > long urls in some messages.
> > Anyway, that's just my gripe, becuase I just came up against it again.
>
> Copy/paste in Netscrap is ALT+C/ALT+V instead of CTRL.
> That being said, it still doesn't work all the time with other apps.
>
> -Bill

Regards,

--
Chip Wiegand