Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 13:51:34 +0200
From:      Samuel Tardieu <sam@inf.enst.fr>
To:        Karen Yamagata <karen@perforce.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: perforce-00.2,1

On 29/05, Karen Yamagata wrote:

| I am a build engineer for Perforce Software and am working on creating
| a FreeBSD package of our software.

Great idea!

| Recently, I found the following ports of our software at:
|
| ftp://ftp.freeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports/devel/perforce/

This one (which is the one I maintain) does not contain any binary. Binaries
are fetched from your site when people wish to install the port.

| ftp://ftp.freeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/commerce/development/p4/
|
| The binaries at the following location are out of date and I would like
| to update them:
|
| ftp://ftp.freeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/commerce/development/p4/
|
| Can you please let me know how to update these?

I didn't even know that this directory existed. I'll let someone else answer
that.

| Also, how often are new cds with updated binaries created?

Binaries for the FreeBSD port are not included on CD, as the Perforce licence
does not appear to allow us to include perforce binaries in binary form or
on CD-roms. Did we misinterpret the licence?

  Sam