Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 15:21:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Valentino Vaschetto <logo@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        John Hall <j.hall@f5.com>
Cc:        <hubs@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: bandwidth

Here are the stats for [ftp10|cvsup5].freebsd.org combined:

http://fadeto.blackened.com/stats/fadeto_1.html

I have it going though a ipfw pipe to limit the b/w usage to 6mbit/sec
just so it suddenly doesn't get out of hand.

-val

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, John Hall wrote:

:
:I run cvsup8.freebsd.org.  Looking back the last four months,
:I get the following numbers.  I don't keep load averages
:because it's always been negligible (.1 - .3).
:
:Since Feb 28th I've gotten:
:
:114,278 connections (1058 conn/day)
:2,691,482Mb == 2.5Tb == avg. 295Kb/s inbound
:1,656,832Mb == 1.5Tb == avg. 181Kb/s outbound
:
:This works out to about 476Kb/s combined inbound/outbound
:with a ratio of 5/3 inbound/outbound which is surprising until
:you remember how cvsupd works.
:
:I have my maxclients set to 32.  I haven't kept numbers for
:concurrent connections, but when I've been on the box there
:always seems to be between 5 and 12 concurrent connections
:running.
:
:JMH
:
:Will Andrews wrote:
:> 9,400 connections in 40 days, load average hangs around 0.6,
:> peaks around 4 or 5.  That's pretty low for a cvsup server if you
:> ask me; I bet the cvsupN,N<8 servers have 2-3 times the load.
:>
:> --
:> wca
:>
:> To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
:> with "unsubscribe freebsd-hubs" in the body of the message
: