Date:      Tue, 2 Oct 2001 00:31:36 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        Guilherme Oliveira <guilherme@nortenet.pt>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Laptop, 4 MB Ram, Mitac 4023/pccardd

Dear Guilherme. You are in the happy position, with 8MB, to install
whatever version of FreeBSD you  want. The needlewhole sotosay were my 4 MB
and 2.1.5 still has an install floppy for such situations.

You'll need some space on your HD. Maybe you just do a minimal install
of just /bin. And some packages, lynx, pine, fetchmail, procmail.

I dont know of any 2.x isos (that you dont need). All I know is a mirror
in Sweden, I think it is ftp2.se.freebsd.org, that still has a 2.x RELEASE
for download. Installing via PLIP is fast and uncomplicated.

I once bought a german 2.1.5 RELEASE, at a bookshop, sale, and never
thought that I could use it..... You may have a copy if you really want it.
But it is antique, my ppp is of the newer PicoBSD floppy, and if you have
a running 4.x system it is much easier, config files etc, to use this.

Best, and tell me how it worked.

H.

4.x has a two floppy install, 3.x comes with 1 floppy, maybe you should
take this. 3.5 is easy to find, last time I looked around.