Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2002 22:32:06 -0700
From:      Clinton <daimaou@altavista.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CLR for FreeBSD 4.4-stable and a C# Compiler.

No offense intended, but there is already a programming language that
was created from the ground up, is based on C and C++ and is almost
identical in syntax and function to C#.  It's Java.

Admittedly, I have only looked at C# long enough to see that it was a
hijacking of the Java syntax, sans the VM, (actually, I looked at C# a
long time ago, now they have changed the syntax to be a little
different, but originally, you could barely tell the two apart), but
there is nothing that I have seen C# do that Java can't already do, and
Java is available now.  Also, there are some really great free tools
available for Java such as Tomcat and JBoss.

I know this isn't what you asked, but if results is what you're after, I
believe Java will provide you with them.

Clinton