Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:27:43 -0800
From:      Thomas Skibo <skibo@pacbell.net>
To:        David Clements <clements@boulderlabs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wicontrol spits out garbage

David Clements wrote:

> Anyone see something like this.  I am trying to get a d-link dwl-650 to
> work on my compaq presario.
>
> When I do a wicontrol to list current settings I get garbage:

That looks very familiar.  I saw the same problem when I was working
on the driver changes for the Linksys WMP-11 (a PCI card with no PLX
chip).  I had problems with Prism commands timing out.  I tweaked
the command polling routines.  That fixed the garbage output problem
for me.  Maybe other interfaces can benefit from those changes.

Davis Brooks sent out a patch to the if_wi driver for WMP-11 support.
It has those command polling changes.  Maybe you can apply that patch
and see if it helps?