Date:      Sun, 24 Feb 2002 17:38:51 +0900 (JST)
From:      FUJITA Kazutoshi <fujita@soum.co.jp>
To:        skibo@pacbell.net
Cc:        mitchy@er.ams.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, brooks@one-eyed-alien.net
Subject:   Re: Linksys WMP11 support

From: Thomas Skibo <skibo@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 20:03:41 -0800

> One comment: If you're trying to determine if a device is a Prism 2.5, "sc->wi_bus_type  == WI_BUS_PCI_NATIVE" isn't a good check.  I believe
> the latest WPC11 PCMCIA card is a Prism 2.5 but it's bus type would
> be WI_BUS_PCCARD.

I know my hacks is very very 'ad-hoc', and I don't know why
the modification is required as in my previous mail.

In my previous mail, I did not describe my test environment,
and describe below.

In my company, we are using Melco(BUFFALO) WLI-PCM-L11G PCMCIA
card with 104bit WEP encryption, BSS mode.
The card is indicated,

} Tuple #5, code = 0x20 (Manufacturer ID), length = 4
}     000:  56 01 02 00
}         PCMCIA ID = 0x156, OEM ID = 0x2

as result of command 'pccardc dumpcis'.

It works fine. There is no problem.

Without my hacks, my new notebook 'IBM ThinkPad X23',
that have Prism2.5(PCI vendor=0x1260, dev=0x3873) on board,
can't communicate with others.

After applying my hacks, I checked it can communicate in
following condition.

[1] BSS mode with 104bit WEP encryption.
    The other side of communication is all Melco's PCMCIA
    card in my company.

[2] ad-hoc mode without WEP encryption.
    The other side of communication is my another notebook
    using Melco's PCMCIA card.

[3] ad-hoc mode with 40bit WEP encryption.
    The other side of communication is my another notebook
    using Melco's PCMCIA card.

[4] ad-hoc mode with 104bit WEP encryption.
    The other side of communication is my another notebook
    using Melco's PCMCIA card.

(*)The only case I checked in BSS mode, is using 104bit WEP
   encryption. Because I can't change the settings of station.
   (It is not technical reason)

That's all.

TIA.