Date:      Tue, 5 Mar 2002 13:24:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Culver <culverk@alpha.yumyumyum.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        "Eugene L. Vorokov" <vel@bugz.infotecs.ru>, <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: C vs C++

> This is a serious concern for console tools, which are interacting with
> humans, which are capable of providing commands much faster than a
> 1.5GHz processor can accept and dispose of them...  sorry I missed this
> downside in my first response.

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but if you are, it is
definitely not appreciated. C code is generally easier to make more simple
than C++. That said, gui code is probably better written in C++ since the
whole idea of objects lends itself to that. However, daemons/console based
progs don't really have any real reason to be written in C++ becuase that
usually adds a lot of code that doesn't need to be there, such as using
classes to do things that don't lend themselves to that.

Geez...

Ken