Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:24:27 +1000 (EST)
From:      callum.gibson@db.com
To:        tlambert2@mindspring.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipcrm/shmctl failure (fix NOT found)

tlambert2@mindspring.com writes:
[ suggested fix ]
[ snip ]
}This looks right, to me.

Sigh. With the fix as in current (decrement the vm_refcnt in the if statement)
the system panics on boot with a "vmspace already free" message.
With my version of the fix (only decrement if vm_refcnt) not 1 by calling
vmspace_free(), the system ran for about 10 minutes and then hung.

So for the moment I'll just leave it and avoid linux threads (or anything
using rfork) and shared memory unless anyone else has other ideas. I can't
afford the time to work out the vm code any further at the moment.

Callum Gibson                               callum.gibson@db.com
Global Markets IT, Deutsche Bank, Australia       61 2 9258 1620
### The opinions in this message are mine and not Deutsche's ###