Date:      Thu, 06 Jun 2002 13:40:53 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Oliver Kraus <kraus@lrs.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de>, <portmgr@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: libtool-1.3.4_3

On 06/06/02 04:48, "Oliver Kraus" <kraus@lrs.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I found the same error as reported in
>
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/36766
>
> There are several workarounds, but I feel the best would
> be to use the latest statble version of libtool for the
> port devel/libtool.
>
> Actually I installed version 1.4.2 of libtool which
> solves the problem and works quite well with the
> current ports of automake and autoconf.

This has been discussed at length.  Once I'm back out of $REALJOB hell, I
will be committing a libtool14 port, along with associated hackery in
bsd.port.mk for USE_NEW_LIBTOOL.

Once that is done, we will begin the process of fixing ports that
USE_LIBTOOL, with the eventual aim of removing the old version.

Regards,
    -aDe