Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 2002 18:27:14 +0900
From:      Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>, Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>, arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: multiple threads for interrupts

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:13:44 -0700,
  Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> said:

>> FWIW, Solaris doesn't use multiple
>> threads for a shared interrupt, instead, when an ithread is awakened, it
>> is bound to the CPU receiving the interrupt until it finishes.  If you
>> don't have a copy of Solaris Internals I would recommend getting a
>> copy. :)

tlambert2> It's a good book, event hough Solaris 9 changes again.  I'll
tlambert2> also note that they have "invented" the buffer cache seperate
tlambert2> from the VM (again), to get around the lack of working set
tlambert2> quotas, so some things in that book need to be taken with a
tlambert2> grain of salt...

I ordered one two days ago, it should be a great help to understand
the source of Solaris 8 I have.

--
Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp> <tanimura@FreeBSD.org>