Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:34:34 +0200
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        Juan Francisco Rodriguez Hervella <jrh@it.uc3m.es>
Cc:        "Weston M. Price" <wmprice@direcway.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems trying to upgrade linux_base

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 04:15:20PM +0200, Juan Francisco Rodriguez Hervella wrote:
> "Weston M. Price" wrote:
> >
> > Have you tried doing a port upgrade?
>
> How do I do that ?
>
> I've tried "make upgrade", "make update"
> but that doesn't do anything...
>

> > Issue the following command
> >
> > pkg_version -v | egrep linux
> >
> > And see what the system tells you about the version of linux_base that you
> > have installed.
> >
> > Weston
>

> root@mira:/usr/ports/emulators/linux_base# pkg_version -v | egrep linux
> linux_base-6.1                      *   multiple versions (index has
> 7.1,6.1_1)
> root@mira:/usr/ports/emulators/linux_base#
>
> Thanks.

Probably the 7.1 version has overwritten the 6.1 version. A harsh way to
clean it up would be:

pkg_delete linux_base-6.1_1
pkg_delete linux_base-7.1

This can cause a lot of warnings since it is likely that files of both
packages are overlapping.

Then, install linux_base again (which gives version 7.1).

If you have other programs depending on linux_base, you would have to
force deinstallation with -f. Fixing your ports database afterwards using
pkgdb from the sysutils/portupgrade port is recommended.

Karel.