Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 2002 19:50:11 +0200 (EET)
From:      Adrian Penisoara <ady@freebsd.ady.ro>
To:        Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
Cc:        dirk@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mod_php4 w/ GD support doesn't compile

Hi,

  From what I tried it seems that "configure" forgets to send a
"-L /usr/local/lib" parameter to gcc besides "-lintl" when compiling the
test program. I don't know what further steps I should take to
convince "configure" to use the -L parameter.

$ gcc -lintl x.c -o x
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -lintl
$ gcc -lintl -L /usr/local/lib x.c -o x
$ ./x

  Contetns of x.c (taken from the configure script):

char bindtextdomain();

int main() {bindtextdomain(); return 0; }

PS: yes, I do have gettext-0.11.5_1 installed, which provides the
libintl and bindtextdomain function. The system is a 4.7-STABLE from
around mid-october. Other info, if really needed, can be offered.

 Thanks,
 Ady (@frebsd.ady.ro)
| An age is called Dark not because the light fails to shine, but  |
| because people refuse to see it.                                 |
|               -- James Michener, "Space"                         |